Scotland / N. Ireland Holiday
We have just recently returned from our trip to the U.K. visiting family and friends. Somehow we managed to time our visit with a tremendous spell of weather! Two whole weeks of sunshine – in Scotland! It has to be said that when the sun is out, Scotland is one of the most beautiful countries on the planet!
We had a fabulous time and so not to bore anyone with ‘what we did on holiday’ I will just list the best things about our holiday:
- Surprise visit at the airport. Having travelled from Lagos to Glasgow via Dubai, I thought it was going to be another few hours until I saw everyone – only to walk out of arrivals with Anelda, Caelum, my Mum and my step brother, Neil waiting there for me. It was a great surprise and I am glad they did it!
- Quad’s birthday night. It was my brothers’ and sister’s birthday on the Friday we arrived and we ALL went out on the town in Montrose. My dad, my step brothers – Anthony & Neil, Anelda, myself, Helen, Georgina, Natasha, Matthew, Richard + girlfriend, Leigh and Phillip. It was quite a laugh and quite a mess! Here are the photos
- Spending time in Montrose. We originally had the plan to go somewhere in Scotland, book some place for all of us… but in the end we stayed put in Montrose and it was the best thing we did. It meant that we could spend more time with everyone and visit some of the wonderful places that surround Montrose such as Lunan and Edzell.
- Mum’s 50th birthday. Great party. Typical ‘Ryan Wild Style’! Photos
- Seeing Fred, Rick, Nan & Jane, even if it was for a short while.
- Fishing with my dad and Anthony – even though we caught nothing!
- The Montrose Highland Games
- The long evenings in Montrose – mostly spent feeding the horses in the fields next to Mum & Days house.
- The day trip to Edinburgh Zoo – photos
- Seeing Roland, Emma & Rufus and going to the botanical gardens in Edinburgh
- Going to Belfast and seeing Joe, Edel & Leo.
- Caelum spending valuable time with all his family in Scotland
It was such a great holiday and we are so lucky to have such good friends and family. We can’t wait to go back!